The eagle-eyed amongst you will have spotted that we’ve got 7 events planned for a NYMBO league between now and October and those are on the calendar.
First up is Markington on Saturday May 22nd:
David Day originally planned this course for last year, so it’s great that we can all finally get to use it.
The Yorkshire Hussar will be our event base, registration opens at 9.00 with starts between 9.30 – 10.30.
If you would like to support the pub and have lunch there, they would like you to order food in advance if possible – the menu is here, and contact details are on their website.
This event is priced like our Winter events
Our first two events this year will use Maprun – you’ll still get a colour, printed map as usual but rather than treasure hunt clues or SI controls, Maprun will log that you’ve visited that control. No need to look at your phone when riding!
What you need to do: you will need to download the Maprun6 or MaprunG App – downloads for Apple and Android here. This does mean you’ll need a smartphone – if you don’t please get in touch by replying to this email. There are local foot O events on the Claro, Clok and Aire websites and the maps can be downloaded and tried on your bike or on foot, they also include lots of instructions. Tim will be on standby to help at the starts but it is very straightforward.
Things to know about our 2021 league events:
- Online Entry only: we’re going to stick with Online entry online for now, so no entry on the day. Each event will have a capacity limit, and you’ll need to enter by midnight Wednesday on the week of the event. Entry will close earlier if it’s full.
- Covid-19: all our events will take place if government guidance permits. We would ask all riders to take all necessary precautions based on the rules that are in palce on the date of the event.
- Covid Cancellations: in the event that we have to cancel events for Covid reasons, or you can’t attend because you are showing symptoms, or have been asked to isolate by test and trace then you’ll be able to get a refund or carry your entry to another event. For this reason, we will only open online entry one month before each event. .
- Carried forward entries: if you entered an event that we had to cancel, your entry fee will be carried forward. Get in touch by replying to this email if you want to use your place (rather than entering online)
- 2021 Entry: we’re making this year slightly cheaper than 2019 to help everyone participate as much as possible – most events will be just £10 for adults (entry details for each event are on the flier here)