Moors Marathon – Sunday 16th July – Information & Map
A quick reminder of the details for next Sunday and the routes available. PDF here
VENUE GR 846 882 Parking and camping at The Fox & Rabbit Inn, Lockton YO18 7NQ
5 miles north of Pickering on the A169 towards Whitby
COURSE A 100km in 10 hours
Fox & Rabbit – Staindale –Jingleby – Crosscliff – Newgate Foot – Saltergate Bank – Malo Cross – Louven Howe – Breckon Howe –Grosmont – Egton Bridge – Delves – Glaisdale – Rosedale Head – Blakey Rigg – Bloworth Crossing – Lowna – Hutton le Hole – Cawthorne – Farwath Crossing – Fox & Rabbit
COURSE B 75km in 8 hours
The same to Glaisdale then Shunner Howe – Hamer Bridge – Low Muffles – Spiers House – Sutherland Lodge –Cawthorne – Farwath Crossing – Fox & Rabbit
COURSE C 50km in 6 hours
The same to Breckon Howe then Goathland – Simon Howe – Wardle Rigg – Levisham Station – Levisham Village and Church – Farwath – Fox & Rabbit
COURSE D 25km in 4 hours
The same to Saltergate Bank then Levisham Moor, Village and Church – Farwath – Fox & Rabbit
TERRAIN Some of the best bridleways and moorland scenery in England
MAP Full colour route map at 1-60000 and description provided but the Explorer OL27 (&26) 1-25000 maps might be useful
REGISTER 8.00 – 9.00 STARTS 8.30 – 9.30
FEES SENIORS £15.00 JUNIORS £10.00
Enter online and save £1
ORGANISER STEVE WILLIS 01748 821498
- This is a challenge not a race so no prizes for the fastest times.
- All finishers within the time limits will receive a commemorative mug and certificate
- All riders should carry repair kit, spare tubes, suitable clothing & helmet, food & drink, 50p for the phone
- Refreshments available at 4 checkpoints – Saltergate Bank, Breckon Howe, Bloworth Crossing, Ravenswick,
- Please show courtesy to local residents and visitors.
- All proceeds from this event will be donated to the Scarborough & Ryedale Search & Rescue Team
- Commemorative mugs guaranteed for the first 100 riders. You can ride as solo, pairs, or groups.
- Camping available at the Fox & Rabbit on Saturday for £5. (Only 5 caravans allowed on the CL site)
All course information and maps online here
2016 map now posted – thanks Dave
We have now got 25 pre-entries and online entries close at midnight. I can print more maps and route descriptions if need be so please email email@example.com or just turn up on the day. We have also got 3 checkpoint marshals which is excellent.
Online entries have now closed with 50 riders booked in which is a relief. There are a few spare map so please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to reserve one or turn up on the day.
Online entries have now closed with 23 riders. I can print more maps and route descriptions if need be so please email email@example.com or just turn up on the day. We have also got 3 checkpoint marshals which is excellent and the forecast looks good for Sunday
Whoops, I’ve entered the wrong course for Sunday. Should be course C, please.
No problem. I’m just sorting out the entries now so I’ll change it