Updated 17:30 20-May-2021
Note that the nymbo.org website change has now been implemented. If your browser is still changing to nymbo.org.uk then you may need to clear the local cache in your browser settings.
We’ve had a few questions about MapRun, so thought easiest to consolidate into one post.
- Will I still get a printed, colour course map to use when riding? Absolutely. Everyone will get a map at the start, no need to use your device when riding.
- I’ve got a Smartphone, what do I need to do? you will need to download the Maprun6 or MaprunG App – downloads for Apple and Android here. You then need to load the Markington event – best to do this when you know you have a good connection. You don’t need a connection when actually taking part in the event.
- I don’t have a Smartphone, but I do have a GPS watch (like a Garmin)? You can use a watch to track your course, and then load a GPX file onto the Maprun website when you get home.
- I don’t have a Smartphone or a GPS watch, what do I do? Let us know so we can make alternative arrangements! We may have a spare phone that you can use.
- I liked the treasure hunt clues, will these still be an option? For the first event at Markington, the option of clues won’t be available; but this an option for the second event at Pool in Wharfedale – let us know when you enter if this is your preference
- When I’ve downloaded Maprun to my phone, what do I do? There are local foot O events on the Claro, Clok and Aire websites and the maps can be downloaded and tried on your bike or on foot, they also include lots of instructions.
- When I reach a control, do I need to do anything? Will Maprun ‘beep’ to let me know it’s logged the control? Your phone will notify you when you go through the start, a control and the finish and to start and finish the event you MUST go through the start and finish.
- Other things to know about MapRun:
- All participants must use MapRun6. For those already using MapRunF, please remove this and load MapRun6. Once loaded, please select the ‘Name’ tab and add your name etc.
- If using an Android phone, have the battery save mode switched off as this can switch the GPS off and allow Maprun to run in the background, and to provide notifications.
- For those using Garmin watches that can run MapRunG, you still need to use MapRun6 to load the event to your watch. If using MapRunG for the first time, please try using it before the day to ensure that your watch is correctly paired with MapRun6.
MapRun6 is very easy to use but there are a number of things to remember while using MapRun6. If you haven’t used it before then see if there is an ‘event near you’ that you can trial with before the day :
- Make sure that your phone/watch is fully charged.
- Load the event you are doing via ‘Select Event’ then select the following folders:
select the event MarkingtonMay21
- Map issue with the PIN number will be away from the start triangle. Once you are ready to start, touch ‘Goto Start’, and enter the PIN number given on the map, the map will appear on the screen. The bar at the bottom of the screen indicates the GPS accuracy, it starts red and moves through to green. When green it should suggest an accuracy of less than 10m.You are now ready to start.
- Move to the start triangle on the map, when you are within range your phone will beep and the timer will start, you may wish to check this on the timer above the map. One timer counts down the other up. This also tells you how many you have punched and what the last control number was.
- On the map on the screen, the triangle, control and finish symbol turn green when punched.
- Visit controls as you normally would, at each the phone will beep, the control circle turns green and the control number appears by ‘Last;’ the top of the screen.
- If you are sure you are in the right place and it has not registered, continue on to the next control. It can be awarded later from the GPS trace.
- DO NOT GO TO THE FINISH CIRCLE UNTIL YOU WANT TO FINISH, it will stop timing you if you have visited just one control or more.
- Once finished your time and score will be automatically calculated and put in the results listing. If you wish to look at the track on routegadget you will need to enter the PIN number you used at the start.
Please post any other questions below and we’ll get the answer asap.